Kyle Taylor is an experienced competition and commercial litigator. He has built a distinctly diverse practise, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in cutting edge competition cases and class actions, as well as all manner of business disputes, including corporate, contract, securities, fraud and malfeasance, real estate, and international litigation.
Having practised for many years in New York, Kyle is rare among litigators to combine expertise in American litigation with a Canadian litigation practise. He has experience in major jurisdictions in both countries, including state, provincial, federal, and appellate courts. The breadth and versatility of his practise uniquely benefit clients from either side of the border, no matter the case or what side of the “v.” they appear.
Kyle started his legal career as a law clerk for U.S. District Court Judge Joseph L. Tauro of the District of Massachusetts. Before joining Affleck Greene McMurtry, Kyle practised in the New York office of the global litigation firm Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan. At Quinn Emanuel, Kyle represented Fortune 500 companies and individuals alike in competition cases, class actions, and a variety of commercial disputes.
- Call to Bar, New York, 2009; joined Affleck Greene McMurtry and Call to Bar, Ontario, 2016
- Represented clients in competition litigation across various industries, including transportation, manufacturing, retail, banking and finance, and health care.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in price fixing class actions.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in abuse of dominance (monopolization) cases.
- Represented clients in various commercial contract disputes.
- Represented parties in recovery actions for financial fraud and malfeasance.
- Represented landowners and lenders in construction and real estate litigation.
- Represented franchisor in franchise dispute.
- Represented insurer in insurance coverage litigation.
- Represented shareholders in corporate control dispute.
- Represented investors and individuals in white collar enforcement actions.
- Administrative Law
- Appellate Counsel
- Civil Litigation
- Class Actions
- Complex Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Competition Law (Antitrust)
- Competition Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Corporate Litigation
- Franchise Litigation
- Fraud, Misrepresentation, Deceit
- Insurance Litigation
- International Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Shareholder Disputes
- White Collar Defence
Education and Experience
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 2008
- Cornell Law Review, Managing Editor
- The Lawyering Program, Honours Fellow
- Note, The Obstruction of Justice Nexus Requirement After Arthur Andersen and Sarbanes-Oxley, 93 Cornell L. Rev. 401 (2008)
- A.B. (with Distinction) in History and Philosophy, University of Michigan, 2004
- Associate, Affleck Greene McMurtry LLP, 2016-Present
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2016
- Associate, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP, 2009-2016
- Law Clerk to the Honourable Joseph L. Tauro, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2008-2009
- Called to the New York Bar, 2009
Professional Activities And Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
Affleck Greene McMurtry LLP
365 Bay Street, Suite 200 · Toronto, Canada
416 360 2800 ·