Wendy Sun has substantive experience in domestic and international contractual disputes, competition law, franchise disputes, shareholder disputes, negligent misrepresentation, commercial leasing, and intellectual property matters. She articled with Affleck Greene McMurtry and is a valuable and welcome addition to the AGM team.
- Conducted legal research on a wide range of corporate, commercial, securities and competition matters and provided litigation support to lawyers in proceedings before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) and the Competition Bureau.
- Drafted and reviewed legal documents including shareholders agreements, settlement agreements, mortgage and leasing documents, pleadings, research memos and opinion letters.
- Investigated disputes between major Canadian banks and customers for the ADR Chambers Banking Ombuds Office and assisted in the drafting of arbitration decisions.
- Independently managed Small Claims Court files and represented clients at settlement conferences, motions and trials.
- Attended examinations for discovery and motions at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
- Davies Canadian Corporate/Securities Moot Court Competition – Third Place Team (2014), Omatsu Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers Student Scholarship (2013), Goodmans LLP Scholarship (2013).
- Proficient in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Commercial Litigation
- Class Action Defence
- Civil Fraud Cases
- Contract Disputes
- Municipal Law
- Competition Law
Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Toronto, 2014
- Exchange Student, specialized in Chinese Corporate and Securities law, Aviation law, International Oil and Gas law; National University of Singapore, Faculty of Law, Singapore, 2013
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies, Honours Co-op; Urban Design Specialization, University of Waterloo, School of Planning, Waterloo, 2009
- Associate, Affleck Greene McMurtry LLP, 2015-Present
- Called to the Bar, Ontario, 2015
- Articling Student, Affleck Greene McMurtry LLP, 2014-2015
- Law Student / Caseworker (Housing Rights Division), Parkdale Community Legal Services, Toronto, ON, 2012
- Community Planner I, Provincial Planning Policy Branch, Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Toronto, ON, 2009-2011
Professional Activities And Associations
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association
- Member of the Advocates' Society
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Young Women in Law
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Civil Action Emerging Leaders Network
In The Media
- "Phone card credit battle headed to top court?" Focus on mobile technology by Michael McKiernan (Law Times), June 06, 2016
Affleck Greene McMurtry LLP
365 Bay Street, Suite 200 · Toronto, Canada
416 360 2800 ·